By jamie Migdal, CEO of FetchFind
I like being in the office at night.
I like listening to music and drinking tea while I get stuff done. My office is less than a mile away from my home, but I take at least one night per week to stay here and do a marathon session of catching up on email and looking (and marveling) at our new customers’ pet companies.
Being here at night is a peaceful and powerful feeling. I use the time to connect with my business on a deeper level, practice some self-compassion, celebrate the wins (e.g., the amazing traction we are getting through our equity crowdfunding), and reframe the challenges (e.g., not enough time in the day. Never enough time in the day).
It’s in those moments that I realize I am in a real relationship with FetchFind. And, just like any relationship, it needs nurturing, attention, and occasionally whatever the biz analog to “Netflix and chill” is.
Do you need to schedule a “date night” with your business? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Purina Pet Care Innovation Prize – it’s bigger and better than ever! (And they have a webinar series this summer – register here.)
- F6S – create a profile to connect with funds, accelerators, and investors
- Small Business Administration – so many great (and free!) resources
- Local business accelerator and incubator programs – find your tribe
- Networking events – practice your pitch and check out the competition
- A whiteboard session – sometimes you just have to write things out to see the big picture